1. Five important things to know about the Pill:
• The Pill is a reliable contraceptive and may reduce your risk of cancer of the ovary and womb if used in the long term.
• The Pill will not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases.
• This medicine can increase your risk of problems such as blood clots and breast cancer.
• Some women should not take the Pill because of current medical problems or illnesses. Please read this leaflet to make sure Microgynon 30 is right for you.
• To prevent pregnancy it is important to take Microgynon 30 as instructed and start each pack on time. Please make sure that you understand what to do if you miss a pill or if you think you are pregnant.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Microgynon 30 after the expiry date shown on the strip.
Do not throw away any medicines down a drain or into a bin. Ask your pharmacist what to do with any medicines you do not want. This will help to protect the environment.
3. What is in Microgynon 30 and who makes it
What is in Microgynon 30
Each box of Microgynon 30 contains three strips of 21 beige tablets.
Each beige sugar-coated tablet contains: 150 micrograms of the progestogen levonorgestrel, and 30 micrograms of the oestrogen ethinylestradiol.
Microgynon 30 also contains the inactive ingredients:
Lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate (E572), sucrose, macrogol 6000, calcium carbonate (E170), talc, montan glycol wax, titanium dioxide (E171), gylcerin (E422), ferric oxide pigment yellow (E172).
The company that holds the product licence for Microgynon 30 is:
Bayer plc, Bayer House, Strawberry Hill, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 1JA.
Microgynon 30 is made by:
Bayer Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany
or Bayer Weimar GmbH & Co KG, Weimar, Germany
or Delpharm Lille SAS, Lys-Lez-Lannoy, France.
Other contraceptive pills: